SO Grodan A-Ok Starter Plugs 1.5″ (Cs/2940)
Lead Time: 3-5 Business Days
Grodan A-Ok Starter Plugs 1.5″ (Cs/2940)
Grodan Stonewool (rockwool) is made from molten rock, spun into cotton candy-like fibers and then compressed into cubes, blocks, or slabs. Where other rockwool brand manufacturers cut all sizes from one batch of wool, Grodan is unique, by making different types of fibers. The purpose is to support the requirement of the plant in the different plant stages. Grodan has a tremendous capacity for absorbing nutrient solution, while retaining plenty of oxygen for rapid plant growth. Grodan comes in graduated sizes. Seedlings started in cubes are easily transferred to blocks and then onto slabs, if desired. Seedlings or cuttings started in the Grodan cubes can also be transplanted into more traditional planters and growing mediums.
Grodan A’OK plugs are designed for seed and cutting propagation, prior to “blocking on” into larger growing blocks
– Grodan Stonewool (rockwool) is made from molten rock, spun into cotton candy-like fibers
– Seedlings or cuttings started in the Grodan cubes can also be transplanted into more traditional planters and growing mediums
– The purpose is to support the requirement of the plant, in the different plant stages
– The V-shape design of the plug discourages tangling of roots
– Each sheet measures 20-inch length by 9-4/5-inch width by 1-1/2-inch height
How to Soak Grodan A-Ok Starter Plugs
1.Saturate the A-OK Starter Plug with 1.5 EC nutrient solution, pH adjusted to 5.5 – 6.5, with a coarse spray or submerged for up to 1 minute and let drain.
2. Take cuttings that are no more than 14 days old, apply rooting solution to cut only and insert stem ½ inches into the saturated A-OK. If growing from seed, place one seed using clean tools into the perfectly sized hole of the saturated A-OK. Monitor the wet weight. Once the wet weight reaches 50%, apply an irrigation with a nutrient solution of 1.5 EC and 5.5 pH. Drain excess to prevent mold, algae and disease. Allow your seedlings and cuttings adequate time, to fully exploit all the stone wool in the A-OK Starter Plug, before transplanting.
When it comes to transplant time, moving your young plants on to the next stage couldn’t be easier! Grodan Gro-Blocks come prefabricated with the perfect sized hole to accommodate our A-OK Starter Plugs.
98 Cubes Per sheet
Case of 30 sheets
|Dimensions||62.99 × 52.83 × 52.07 cm|